Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
serving Vancouver Washington, Camas, Battle Ground, Hazel Dell, Salmon Creek, Orchards WA
What is Hazardous Waste?
Hazardous waste is any material that could pose a serious threat to the environment or to people if discarded improperly. Depending on the specific substances, the level of hazard could vary significantly, but any products that could cause a certain amount of harm are grouped under the “hazardous waste” category. Household hazardous waste (HHW) is exactly like it sounds: common hazardous products discarded from households, typically in smaller amounts.
Identifying Hazardous Waste Products
Look at the product label: does it say Poison, Danger, Caution, or Flammable? Chances are it’s hazardous! Some of the most common products include:
- Household Cleaners: disinfectants, laundry stain removers, kitchen cleaners
- Automotive Products: oil, antifreeze, gasoline, brake, and transmission fluid
- Poisons and Pesticides: fungicides, insecticides, weed killer, rat poison
- Paints and Solvents: latex and oil base paint, thinners, varnishes, wood preservatives
Some of these items may be surprising, but there are serious dangers if these waste materials are thrown out carelessly.
Mike & Dad's Hauling is the Best Choice for Junk Removal!
Same-Day or Next-Day Service!
No Hidden Costs - all fees included in estimates
Locally Owned & Operated for over 30 years!
Certified Eco-Friendly - we care to recycle
Transfer Stations and Hazardous Waste Limitations
Because hazardous waste is so dangerous for the environment and for the community, there are special ways to dispose of it. Here are some of the limitations that may be present where you live and work:
- Location: Typically, a city or county, household hazardous waste can only be disposed of in specific locations, like transfer stations.
- Days and Times: Transfer stations accept hazardous waste on specific days at specific times, and they will not accept these materials outside of that time frame.
- Amounts: You can only dispose of so much material at one time. For instance, if you live in Vancouver WA, there is a disposal limit of 25 gallons.
Mike & Dad’s Takes Care of Hazardous Waste for You
Household hazardous waste disposal can be a pain, especially if you have a lot of it! Hazardous waste disposal companies typically only handle larger projects, but Mike & Dad’s Hauling is prepared to help small businesses with their hazardous waste. Here are some specific situations where hazardous waste could become a problem to dispose of:
- House remodels and general contracting
- Mechanics and garages
- Woodworking and carpentry
- Cleaning companies
Mike & Dad’s is prepared to take all of this hazardous waste for you! Simply let us know you have waste material to remove, and we’ll come by and pick up the materials. No more waiting in line at the transfer station, or lugging heavy gallon containers!
We remove many other kinds of waste and junk as well, including old mattresses, furniture, garbage, and spare constructive materials. Make the most of our services, and have us clean out your garage or attic while we pick up your hazardous waste!
Mike & Dad’s Hauling does not dispose of bio-hazard or medical waste.
Hazardous Waste Removal in Vancouver WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Vancouver WA Area: